When you use any of Youth Discount Ltd's ("we", "us", "our") websites (our site), we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
A new European law has been brought in, requiring websites to ask for your consent before placing "cookies" in your browser, being the software you use to surf the web.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- COOKIES SET BY INDEPENDENT SITES
1) WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by the websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, or enhance the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site (ie for making customer-focused improvements to the site).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use Google Analytics to track visitor behaviour on the site. These cookies don't allow us to identify you personally or give us access to your computer; they are used to collect information such as which pages are visited on the site, the time spent on the site and how the site was found. We use this information to help improve our website and give the best user experience available.
Third party companies may also set cookies in your browser. These include Facebook, Twitter and YouTube; we have listed below which cookies are set and what their function is. If you opt in, you will also be accepting these cookies.
You can give us consent to process the data you provide in the manner and for the purposes described above by accepting the cookies in accordance with this policy. Find out more about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The list below explains the cookies we may use and why:
Cookies necessary to make our website work
Web application sessions
Name _youthdiscount_session Purpose Corresponds with user sessions on the server. This is to keep users logged into the application between requests.
Name yd-test-cookie Purpose This cookie is dropped when a user accesses an iframe integration, and is used to allow subsequent cookie drops for user sessions.
Cookies that help us enhance our web site, or your experience with it
Purpose These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. More information Click here for an overview of privacy at Google or to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit this page
Name __cfduid Purpose This is used to help Cloudflare detect malicious visitors and minimise disturbance of legitimate visitors. More information Click here for more information about this cookie
Cookies set by third party web sites that we make use of
2) COOKIES SET BY INDEPENDENT SITES
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies and use them in the ways described above it is possible to change your browser settings. It is also possible to delete existing cookies from your browser. However blocking all cookies will affect your web experience and may result in some parts of our site not functioning properly. The procedure for modifying your privacy preferences is different for each internet browser and we recommend you visit the following website for further information: